Amit Kumar, son of legendary singer Kishore Kumar, feels his father would not have enjoyed songs that are composed today. Speaking to reporters here today on the occasion of his father’s 83rd birth anniversary, Amit said, “It’s a good thing that he is not here today. He might have lost his mind listening to today’s songs.”
It has been a long time since the popular actor-singer passed away in 1987, but Amit misses his father even today. “I miss him every day. My day does not start without thinking of my father. I always think of him before composing something. I remember he used to tell us that you all will remember me when I am gone…even though you will see my glimpses in others, you will never be able to find me,” Amit said. “I am proud to be his son,” an emotional Amit said.
Apart from singing, Kishore Kumar had tried his hands in acting, direction and production. “I liked him the most as an actor…he could do any role. I think he was the best after Charlie Chaplin. He has done everything right from movies to stage shows to singing and entertained people,” he said. The legendary singer’s family met today at their Juhu Bungalow to celebrate his 83rd birth anniversary.
- KIDNEY SCAM: Another witness against Dr Kumar turns hostile
- Fitting farewell for Dravid on India’s mind in final ODI
- Pawan Kumar Anjaiah wanted in murder of American woman, found dead
- Fans remember Shiv Kumar Batalvi on his birthday
- Neeraj Kumar the new Delhi Police chief
- Delhi govt acting under influence of Sajjan kumar
- Prof. Samdong Rinpoinche released Shanta Kumar’s book
- Solan BSNL AGM Sushil Kumar found murdered
- Happy to be leading Indian attack: Vinay Kumar
- Big B not a fan of today’s Bollywood songs