Undisclosed income of Rs 49,325 crore has been detected in the country in the last three years while tax evasion of Rs 600 crore has been found on inputs from abroad under multi-pronged efforts to check blackmoney menace, government said today.
The information has been contained in a 13-page fact-sheet released by the Finance Ministry in an apparent bid to blunt the campaign by yoga guru Ramdev, who has attacked government on the issue during his three-day fast.
Detailing the steps taken in the country and outside, the fact-sheet says the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has detected undisclosed income of over Rs 32,000 crore besides seizing assets valued at over Rs 2,600 crore.
This, it added, was in addition to detection of undisclosed income of Rs 17,325 crore in surveys conducted at business premises by the Income Tax Department (ITD).
Government is also pursuing 43,265 pieces of information regarding suspicious transactions received from overseas and domestic agencies.
More than 12,500 pieces of information regarding details of asset and payments received by Indian citizens in several countries have been obtained “which are now under different stages of processing and investigation”.
Further, 30,765 pieces of domestic information about suspicious transactions obtained by Financial Intelligence (FIU) too are being probed.
Government also disclosed that under Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA), investigation of information from German and France has led to detection of tax evasion of Rs.600 crore and realisation of Rs. 200 crore in taxes.
- Over 30,000 pieces of info on black money under I-T scanner
- ‘Cash seizure to supplement efforts to unearth black money’
- Punjab govt asks Centre to bring back blackmoney
- Black money: I-T to get Rs 80 crore tax on stashed money
- IT Dept sends notices to persons involved in black money cases
- ‘Efforts on to ensure no SC/OBC category backlog in govt jobs’
- IT department decides to reopen tax returns of people
- Govt for TDS on property sale, gold buy to check black money
- Efforts on to check pollution from electroplating units: PPCB
- Hazare, Ramdev attack govt on corruption, blackmoney issue