Tall claims of the BJP government in Himachal Pradesh notwithstanding, the residents of a village in Palalmpur have to put their lives at risk everyday to cross a rivulet in the absence of a bridge.
The Prem Kumar Dhumal-led BJP government in Himachal Pradesh claims to have won over sixty national and international awards for various development works in the state. However, the situation in Kailan village, about 35 km from Palampur, tells an entirely different story.
Students go to school by putting their life in a serious risk everyday. They need to cross a rivulet to reach school and the monsoon definitely increases the threat. The increased level of water sometimes even prevents students from appearing in their examination as they are unable to cross the rivulet.
The villagers have been demanding for past about twenty years that a bridge be constructed over the rivulet but the government seems to have turned a blind eye towards them. The local MLA is also from the BJP, but according to the villagers he has never visited here.
When the matter was brought to the notice of Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal, he merely gave an assurance for a bridge, but as usual not anytime soon.
- Dhumal to inaugurate Chamba-Pattan bridge on river Beas
- Zero Bridge soon to open for traffic
- Kashmir valley to house the world’s highest bridge
- Chamba-Pattan bridge inagurated
- PDP flays JK govt’s decision to construct bridge on Jhelum
- Leaking bridge harms shopkeeper in Sec-17 Chandigarh
- Rs 75-cr bridge to connect Majha and Doaba regions in Punjab
- 10 dead, 33 missing after Indonesia bridge collapse
- Akhnoor to get another bridge over Chenab River
- Balongi Mohali bridge badly waterlogged