The mystery surrounding the death of Anuradha Bali aka Fiza continues as the pathology department of a local hospital could not arrive at any conclusion about the reason for her cardiac arrest. A team led by the head of the department at Rajindra Hospital, Dr Manjeet Singh, Dr Anil Suri and Vijay Kumar Bodna, both associate professors have examined the heart samples of Fiza which was in a “highly decomposed” state. “We have received the heart in a very decomposed state,” Dr Bal told reporters here today. He said that the decomposition of the victim’s body for 3-4 days has led to Autolysis of cells. Elaborating Autolysis, Dr Bal said that Autolytic cell destruction is uncommon in living adult organisms and usually occurs in injured cells or dying tissue.
The doctors have re-examined the heart and arrived at the conclusion that the cause of death is due to Autolysis, he said, adding that it is not clear from the samples why she had a heart failure. Anuradha Bali (39), the estranged wife of former Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Chandermohan, was found dead at her residence in Mohali near here on August 6.
- Patient dies of heart attack at GMSH-16, doctors accused of negligence
- Vaishnodevi pilgrim dies of heart attack
- SAD MLA Jatinder Singh Kariha dies after heart attack
- Usmani suffered heart attack, had clots in brain
- Night shifts can raise risk of heart attack by 40 per cent
- Hazare fast enters 12th day; doctors worried
- Hazare’s fast enters 11th day, doctors says he seems healthy
- Mukherjee’s victory foregone conclusion: Narayanasamy
- SBI services hit by link failure, branches to open tomorrow
- HJC flays Hooda govt for its alleged failure