India’s women shooters continue to disappoint as Rahi Sarnobat and Annu Raj Singh failed to qualify for the final round of the women’s 25m pistol event after finishing 19th and 30th in the qualification at the London Olympics, today.
Sarnobat did better in precision shooting as she stood 11th with a score of 291, the series being 97, 98 and 96. She, however, finished a dismal 28th in rapid stage with a score of 288 (96, 96, 96).
She collected a total of 579 points with an average of 9.650 to finish 19th in the 39-markswomen field. Only top eight shooters qualify for the final round.
Annu Raj finished 27th in both precision and rapid to end her campaign with 575 points. She shot 286 in precision with a series of 96,94 and 96. She shot 289 in rapid stage with 96, 96 and 97being her series. She had an average of 9.583.
Kim Jangmi of South Korea topped the qualification round with a new Olympic record of 591 points — 298 in precision and 293 in rapid stage — and average of 9.850.
- India-Pak fail to make headway on Sir Creek
- Heena Sidhu, Annu Raj bow out of Olympics
- Vijay Kumar fails to qualify in 10m Air Pistol
- Efforts on to make Book Fair an annual event: Sibal
- DU CATE results out, over 190 make score of 80
- Fitting farewell for Dravid on India’s mind in final ODI
- Indian women in hockey qualifying final after beating Italy 1-0
- Indian batting flounders again, need miracle to make finals
- India bags two Olympic quotas through Imran, Manavjit
- Tiger Woods ends 30-month title drought