“It was for him (Rahul Gandhi) to make up his mind for assuming such a role as everybody was waiting for it,” she told reporters in response to a question.
She also described the Congress general secretary as the “future hope of the country”.Responding to another question pertaining to exodus of people hailing from the North East region from various parts of the country, Dikshit assured that the people from the North Eastern states who are residing in Delhi are completely safe.
She also said that her Government has made foolproof security arrangements for them in wake of recent developments.To another query, she said that plans were afoot to authorise several unauthorised colonies in Delhi.
She, however, brushed aside a suggestion that the move had anything to do with the future assembly elections.She also said the Metro services to the international airport, which were closed at present, were being rescheduled after a thorough checking.
“These will resume in the coming days,” she added.Earlier, in her seven-minute convocation address at the local Kamla Nehru College for Women, Dikshit told the students that no gift was greater than education.
“Education will stand in good stead not only in your personal life but also as good citizens,” she told the young graduates.
Batting for women’s education, she said that education will make young women good housewives, good mothers and builders of a great nation.Kiran Walia, Health and Family Welfare minister, Delhi, gave away prizes to meritorious students
- Sheila Dikshit treatment of people from eastern India step-motherly
- Dikshit meets Sonia Gandhi
- Sheila Dikshit calls for expediting FDI in multi-brand retail
- Order on CM Sheila Dikshit’s defamation complaint reserved
- Rahul Gandhi to visit J&K for two days from Sep 26
- Rahul Gandhi to attend Youth Congress meet in Dharwad
- Punjab Congress leaders meet Rahul Gandhi in Delhi
- Sheila Dikshit heads candidate screening panel
- Sheila Dikshit gets relief in polls violation case
- Rahul Gandhi let us down, says Bedi