In an assurance to farmers, Punjab Panchayat Minister Surjit Singh Rakhra said they have sought a drought relief package from the Centre which could be paid either directly to farmers or by any other means.
Describing Congress MPs in Punjab as puppets, he accused the party of neglecting the interests of the state. He went on to assure overall development of villages and said the amenities expected in cities would be provided in villages to check the flux of people from rural to urban areas.
- Badal accuses Centre of excessive centralization of powers
- Badal accuses Centre of being anti-farmer
- Dhumal accuses Centre of discrimination
- Centre serious about overall development of Punjab
- Amarinder accuses Team Anna of betraying political interest
- Drought aid: Sukhbir accuses Centre of exacting ‘revenge’
- Badal accuses Centre of weakening federal structure
- Cabinet Minister Surjit Singh rakhra promises reforms
- Punjab Dy CM accuses Centre of benefiting oil marketing firms
- PDP alleges favouritism in allotment of plots in Jagti