Three years after the murder of Sham Fashion mall owner Amarjeet Singh, his family members have announced a cash award of 20 lakh Rs for any clue to the murder.
Three years after the murder of his father Amarjeet Singh, owner of Sham Fashion Mall in Sector 43, Gagandeep Singh announced a cash reward of 20 lakh Rs for any clue or tip on the murder. The cash award offer has been advertised in several papers. In May 2009, Amarjeet Singh was shot dead at his residence in sector 35. He had just returned from his shop. He was at the entrance of the house when two unidentified youth shot him.
The UT police failed to nab the culprits and the family moved Punjab and Haryana High court demanding an investigation by the Central Bureau of Investigation. In 2010, the case was handed over to the CBI on the directions of the High Court. A fresh FIR was registered under Section 302 (murder) of the IPC and the Arms Act against the unidentified accused.
Gagandeep Singh, son of Amarjeet stated that three years have passed but there are still no clues. Earlier, the family announced a cash award of Rs 2 lakh which has now been enhanced to Rs 20 lakh.
As per family members, Amarjit had no hostility with anyone and was generally warm and friendly towards the people he met. Therefore, they were completely at sea about the possible motive behind the murder. The past few years have been tumultuous for the family. But they hope the offer of the enhanced cash award will shed light on the case.
- Police announces cash prize in double murder case
- Siblings’ murder case: Police claim to have some leads
- Jewellery worth Rs 2 Lakh stolen from Sec-48, Chandigarh
- Sukhwinderjit murder case: Sukhwinderjit’s wife, paramour held guilty
- Double Murder Case: Two rounded up
- Quark murder case ruling at last
- Zirakpur Double murder case: Accused in 2 day police remand
- Chandigarh siblings murder case: Police still clueless
- ‘Whiskey,’ accomplices get life term for murder
- Sukhwinderjit murder case: Court defers pronouncement for June 6