Star shuttler Saina Nehwal has decided to take some more time off from her playing schedule after returning from the London Olympic Games with a singles bronze medal in her clutch and is set to miss next month’s super series tournament in China.
“Saina would not be playing in the Super Series event in China. She wants some more time off. She would take part in the Japan Open,” said national badminton coach Pullela Gopichand today on the sidelines of a function to felicitate four of the Games medal winners by the Olympic Gold Quest.
The Li Ning China Masters 2012, among badminton’s super series tournaments, is scheduled from September 11-16 at Changzhou in China.Saina is now set to take part in the Yonex Japan Open, the next super series event, scheduled in Tokyo from September 18-23.
Gopichand indicated that the country’s top men shuttlers, including losing singles quarter finalist in London — Parupalli Kashyap — would participate in the super series in China.
- Saina loses in quarters of Korea Open
- Resolute Saina clinches 3rd straight Indonesia Open trophy
- I keep practicing because sometimes I forget my strokes: Saina
- Saina Nehwal confident of good show in 2012
- Saina seeded third for India Open
- Saina Nehwal wins Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold badminton tournament
- Saina says she was confident of winning start
- Sachin Tendulkar gifts BMW car to shuttler Saina
- Prez good wishes for Saina for winning Olympic bronze
- Saina begins Olympic medal bid on strong note