The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi), which regulates stocks, mutual funds, brokerage and various other segments of capital market, had invited Expression of Interest (EOI) from various agencies in April this year. After going through the EOIs submitted to it, Sebi has now shortlisted 13 agencies, out of which it would select one entity for providing various media services. The short-listed media agencies include Alaknanda Advertising, Allied Media Network, Carat Media Service, Crayons Advertising Ltd, Dentsu Communications, Inter Publicity, Lintas Media Group, Lodestar, Prachar Communications, Purnima Advertising Agency, R K Swamy BBDO, Span Communications and Zenith Optimedia.
The agency would be roped in to assist Sebi in its Investor Education and Awareness Campaign, which is aimed at educating and creating awareness among retail investors and converting the current savers into investors. The selected media agency would be required to suggest appropriate media plan to the regulator to meet the objectives of its advertisements. Besides, the agency would also publish/broadcast the advertisements in newspapers, magazines, TV channels and radio channels, as also collect the copies of the published advertisements and submit the same to Sebi. The advertisement material will be provided by Sebi and the rates would not exceed that of the government’s advertisement agency DAVP.
The agency would be required to handle advertisement campaign in TV channels, FM radio, newspapers, magazines and outdoor media and should not have been found guilty or penalised by any court during the last three years. It should have been in existence in India since April 2008 with ability to service the client through their office in Mumbai and should be accredited to the Indian Newspaper Society (INS), Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) or Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI).
- Punjab Poll 2012: Media monitoring committee asks parties to refrain from paid news
- Cos increase ad spends on digital media to tap young customers
- Media passing through credibility crisis: Dhumal
- Empower ministry to take strict action against TV ads: Soni
- E-voting mandatory for top 500 listed cos: Sebi
- Scope for discussion on TRAI order on TV ads: Govt
- Experts discuss pros, cons of new media
- Sebi widens mid-cap probe; suspects bear cartels at work
- Print, news agencies barred from covering Rahul’s visit
- Protect interest of small investors: FM to SEBI