BJP MP Maneka Gandhi today took out a leaf from Ramayana to support Team Anna’s entry into electoral politics, saying a confident Ravana had dismissed Lord Rama’s army as “monkeys and bears” but ended up vanquished.
“When Rama was approaching Lanka, Ravana has asked his men to let him in, saying monkeys and bears could not do anything to him but what happened later was known to all. Same is the case with Congress,” Maneka said. She expressed her displeasure over the hype being created by the Team Anna’s decision. “Why is there hue and cry over Team Anna’s decision to enter politics…People with clean image should be encouraged to join politics. When such people come in politics, those with bad image could be ousted from it,” she said while talking to reporters here.
“The mere indication of Team Anna’s entry has generated a lot of hue and cry as if they have raped,” she said. The MP hoped that those associated with Anna Hazare could change of the face of Parliament. “In Team Anna, educated and well to do persons are associated and if 150 such people got elected, the face of Parliament would be worth seeing,” she said.
- Nothing to do with any political party: Team Anna
- Team Anna says fight is for changing system, not power
- Thackeray takes potshots at Team Anna’s political provision
- Glad Team Anna’s intentions are now in the open: Soni
- Watch Prime Debate – Team Anna Vs Parliament
- Team Anna says they are victim of Congress’ internal politics
- Team Anna going political as its movement failed: Digvijay
- Team Anna divided over Raj Thackeray, Hazare praises MNS chief
- Team Anna now testing political waters in Ludhiana
- Hazare disbands Team Anna, says no talks with govt on Lokpal