Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh today said the decision of Team Anna to float a political party only indicates that their “movement against corruption has failed.” Team Anna would not have decided to form a political party had its movement against corruption succeeded, Singh said while welcoming their move and added that anyone has a right to form a political party in the country.
However, it remains to be seen as to what effect the new party will have on Indian politics and to what extent it will be able to influence the people, he quipped. As far as the Congress party is concerned, it has nothing to fear from Team Anna’s proposed political party, he added.
- Team Anna selectively targeting Congress: Digvijay
- Nothing to do with any political party: Team Anna
- Anna movement is common man’s movement against corruption: PDP
- Amarinder accuses Team Anna of betraying political interest
- Digvijay, AICC differ over seeking Team Anna’s cooperation
- Digvijay hits out at Team Anna
- Team Anna now testing political waters in Ludhiana
- Digvijay takes dig at Team Anna’s decision to return money
- Anna’s anti-corruption movement was not an issue in UP: Hegde
- Anna to restructure his team