Targeting the now disbanded Team Anna, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray today said that their single-point agenda was to abuse politicians. “At first they managed to fool the country. India has seen the effects of their success in fooling people,” the 86-year-old Sena patriarch said in an editorial in the party mouthpiece ‘Saamana’.
Ridiculing the decision to disband Team Anna, Thackeray said, “This should have been done much earlier. Their single point agenda was to heap abuses on politicians”. However, the question remains whether the team would reappear in another format, the Sena chief said. Leave aside curbing corruption, the blabbering of Team Anna proved torturous for the people of the country, he said. “However, with the disbanding of the team, people must be free of that headache. Even Anna Hazare must be feeling relieved,” Thackeray quipped. The country’s constitutional format was endangered due to Team Anna, he added.
- Thackeray takes potshots at Team Anna’s political provision
- Bhushan paid price for his pro-Pak stand on Kashmir: Thackeray
- Team Anna divided over Raj Thackeray, Hazare praises MNS chief
- Thackeray, Hazare in war of words
- Thackeray snubs Hazare, refuses to meet him
- Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray hospitalised
- Cong has ulterior motive behind nominating Sachin: Thackeray
- Sena chief targets Hazare, his key team members
- Unite against petrol price hike, says Thackeray
- Gadkari meets Bal Thackeray