It’s a big day for Chandigarh today. City girl Vanya Mishra is battling 115 contestants for the Miss World crown. Our correspondent caught up with her friends and family earlier in the day.
The event, that is to take place later today in the scenic city of Ordos in China, will see 116 contestants battling it out – for the first time in the history of the pageant!
The coveted title sees 116 participating countries this year – the most number of participating countries thus far, and every Indian’s hope rests in Vanya Mishra. The girl, who is currently doing her undergraduate programmed in Electrical Engineering, hails from the city of Jalandhar.
Ivian Lunasol Sarcos Colmenares (Miss Venezuela), Miss World 2011, will confer upon this year’s winner the prestigious crown.
- Vanya Mishra crowned Miss India World, 2012
- Miss Venezuela wins Miss World crown
- Angolan beauty crowned Miss Universe
- Chandigarh city lad in U-19 world cup team
- PSEB clerks battling for re-instatement for 9-yrs
- Programme organised to mark world TB DAY
- Chandigarh police arrested three owners of ACME Career World
- Science Exhibition organised at Brilliance World School in Sector 12, Panchkula
- Delhi will miss Sreedharan: Dikshit on Metro Man’s retirement
- World Allergy Day celebrated in Chandigarh