In a show of increasing aggression in the city, a youth fired two gunshots in the air late Tuesday night. He was identified as a 20 year old resident of Sector 7.
Sector 8 residents woke up to the sound of two gunshots late on Tuesday night. A 20 year old resident of Sector 7, Pawandeep, allegedly fired in the air and fled from the spot. He was identified on the basis of the number of his Fortuner SUV, the number of which was provided to the police by witnesses.
Police launched a search operation to nab the accused. Meanwhile, the Sector 26 police spotted the SUV parked outside a house in Sector 7. The vehicle was confiscated and the accused was arrested in the morning. According to Pawandeep, he fired in the air because he perceived a threat from some people standing in the market.
The police are now trying to verify the authenticity of Pawandeep’s statement.
- Chandigarh Police arrested 2 persons for murder of Sec-24 resident
- Police arrested 2 youth for stealing liquor and cash from vend in Maulijagran
- Youth accused 3 cops of thrashing him in Chandigarh
- Jeevan Garg’s close aide, Satish, arrested in real estate scam
- 3 arrested in Sec-26 molestation case
- Youth accused of teasing woman
- Youth in Chandigarh committed suicide
- Three person, including minor arrested for snatching in UT
- Two people accused of abduction, assault
- PO gets cops arrested for graft