Two students were seriously injured on Saturday afternoon when students of a rival group attacked one of them at Government College in Sector 11. A student, who is believed to have been involved in the attack, met with an accident when he was trying to flee from the spot. The incident occurred when BA final year student Manpreet Singh of PUSU was campaigning for his group. Suddenly, he was attacked by some members of the rival group. His supporters believe that the rival HSA group was behind the attack.
Manpreet was admitted to Sector-16 Government Hospital. The other student, whose mobike ran into a two-wheeler, was also taken to the Government Hospital by police for treatment.
- Three class 8 students of govt school injured in Chandigarh
- Clash at Mauli Jagran: 3 persons injured
- Four persons injured in clash at Ram Darbar
- Chandigarh: Majority of students scored CGPA of 9
- Chandigarh GMSS-23 students invited to Army display
- CTU mulls service for students in Chandigarh
- PEC reunion: Students get together at Sec- 11 Chandigarh
- Initially, 5 buses put on for students in Chandigarh
- 12 students injured in group clash at BRM College
- Acid attack on 19-yr-old girl near Sec- 28 lights, Chandigarh