Chandigarh: A 30 year old man was killed in a gruesome accident with a truck. The victim was not even out on the road, he was merely standing in front of a house.
A 30-year-old youth was mowed down by a Mahindra pickup truck at Phase one in Ramdarbar on Tuesday morning. An eyewitness said a speeding truck rammed into Sonu, who was standing outside his friend’s house at the time. He was killed on the spot. The impact was such that Sonu’s body remained pinned to the wall after the accident. The driver and two persons who accompanied him fled from the spot. Family members of the deceased were inconsolable.
A case has been registered against the absconding accused. SHO of Sector 31 police station Jaspal Singh said he had been identified and would soon be arrested.
Last year, around 49 pedestrians were killed in various road accidents in city. Another life lost unnecessarily and this time too, one hopes not in vain.
- Woman, son injured after being hit by truck
- Junk in truck bursts into flames near Chandigarh
- One killed, 12 hurt in Mishap
- Five members of family killed in accident
- 27 year old man mowed down by truck
- Truck driver arrested with poppy husk in Chandigarh
- Truck-canter collide in Siwani, 25 killed
- Dera Bassi truck operators’ union want polls
- Class 10 student run over by truck
- CCTV camera caught fatal accident in Chandigarh