Union minister Beni Prasad Verma today defended Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as a “capable leader” and termed the protest in Delhi against him as the work of people who have “lost their mental balance”. “There is no dearth of mad people in the country who stage such protests… Manmohan Singh is a capable leader and in him the Congress has given a good prime minister to the country,” Verma told reporters in his home district. To a question whether there was a possibility of his return to Samajwadi Party following his recent statements indicating a change of heart on his part, Beni Verma asked “why would I go to the Samajwadi Party”.
“Mulayam Sing is a good friend of mine and we also have old family ties…. but why would I go to SP… I am not going to SP,” he asserted. According to a local media report, Verma had termed SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav as his elder brother in an interview to an electronic channel yesterday.
- Rahul Gandhi could be PM in 2014: Beni Prasad
- Prez should always be a political person: Mulayam
- I am happy with rising prices: Beni Prasad Verma
- Mulayam dubs Congress as scam-tainted
- SP refuses to see much in Mulayam’s attendance at UPA function
- Public grievances: Mulayam to hold meetings with SP ministers
- Mulayam bats for Central aid for Uttar Pradesh
- Italy hails bail for marines in India, asks for their return
- PM congratulates Mulayam, Badal, Parrikar
- SP says quota bill unconstitutional