The agitations are part of the youth wing’s plan to take the issue out to streets from Parliament, he said. “This government is involved coal block allocation scam. As per the CAG report, the coal scam amounts to Rs 1.86 lakh crore and the BJP has been demanding resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who was heading the Coal Ministry in UPA-I,” Thakur said.
“Now, when Parliament is over, we will be taking our fight to the streets and try to generate an opinion among the people of the country on corruption committed by the Congress government,” Thakur, who is also an MP, told reporters. However, when he was asked about the indictment of Gujarat government by the CAG for corruption, Thakur said he was not aware of it. “When NDA and other parties have taken up the issue of Coalgate, Congress is not giving clear answers on what would it do on the scam,” Thakur said.
- PM should resign on coal blocks allocation issue: BJYM
- North Indian BJYM activists hold protest over coal allocation
- PM should clarify on coal block allocation issue: Ramdev
- Never said “zero loss”: Chidambaram on coal block issue
- Coal allocation issue: SP leads dharna outside Parliament
- UPA govt ‘afraid’ to come before PAC on coal issue: Joshi
- Parliament disrupted for 13th days on coal issue
- CAG’s remarks on coal block issue disputable: PM
- Ready to discuss threadbare CAG report on coal issue: Govt
- PM directly responsible for coal scam: Jaitley