Special Judge A K Lal ordered Nupur Talwar’s release in pursuance of a Supreme Court’s order which had granted her bail on September 17, stipulating that she should be released by today, September 25. After granting her bail, the apex court had put off her release by a week to enable CBI to get its remaining material witnesses examined by the trial court, which is currently recording the prosecution evidence. The special judge ordered Nupur’s release on a personal bond of Rs two lakhs with two sureties of the same amount.
Presently lodged in Dasna jail in Ghaziabad, Nupur is expected to be released by late evening. Nupur has been in jail since her surrender before the Ghaziabad court on April 30. She had got bail on September 17 from the apex court, which she had moved challenging the Allahabad High Court’s order which had dismissed her bail plea on May 31. Earlier, the trial court had denied her bail on May 2. Her dentist husband Rajesh Talwar, who is a co-accused in the case, has been on bail since July 11, 2008. 14-year-old Aarushi was found dead in her bedroom at the Talwar’s residence in Jalvayu Vihar, Noida, on the intervening night of May 16-17, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found on May 17 on the terrace.
- Court orders framing of charges against Rajesh and Nupur
- Aarushi case: Nupur Talwar surrenders in court, moves for bail
- SC grants bail to Nupur but has to be in jail for 7 more days
- HC orders release of Amar Singh’s passport
- Aarushi murder case: Court reserves order on Nupur’s bail
- Nupur not be given bail, she could influence witness:CBI to SC
- HC seeks Nupur’s counter to CBI’s reply to her bail plea
- Aarushi murder case: SC notice to CBI on Nupur’s bail plea
- Nupur Talwar’s bail plea rejected
- SC defers hearing on Nupur’s bail plea, next hearing on Aug 13