“It’s definitely a better selection committee than the previous one,” Ganguly told reporters a day after being replaced by Anil Kumble as BCCI’s technical committee chairman.Referring to the current panel, he said: “It’s not an easy job and there would be criticism, but these guys understand cricket. They have the heart in the right place and they’re trustworthy.
“I can’t say much about (Rajinder Singh) Hans but I’ve played alongside (Vikram) Rathore and Saba (Karim) and I know Patil and (Roger) Binny… It’s a very good selection committee.”Ganguly appeared disappointed but chose not to express in as many words his ouster as technical committee chief.
“I should not be discussing these things when India are playing Australia in a crucial Super Eight match. I don’t know why (I was removed), but I’m not too worried,” he said.Asked if he had lost the post for being vocal in criticising the selection policy, Ganguly said: “I don’t know. I don’t know whether it’s for two years or what… But it’s not a contractual agreement.”
Ganguly had, in the aftermath of India’s eight successive Test defeats, openly criticised the previous selection committee.
- MCD polls: BJP MLAs unhappy over candidate selection
- I never said Laxman does not enjoy Dhoni’s support: Ganguly
- Ganguly warned for IPL Clothing Regulations violation
- Ganguly’s days as Pune captain over, to serve as mentor only
- Shah Rukh describes Ganguly as legend
- Sourav Ganguly may have to use bat without sponsor’s sticker
- Question mark on Dhoni, Gambhir is choice for Tests: Ganguly
- Ganguly most ‘googled’ among all IPL captains
- Ganguly comes ‘home’ as Pune take on KKR
- Ganguly does not rule himself out of next season of IPL