The Duronto connecting Chandigarh and Amritsar has been revived and renamed. The train was flagged off this evening.
The Duronto Express, running between Amritsar and Chandigarh, now has a new name. It’s the Superfast Intercity Express. The rechristened Superfast was flagged off from the Chandigarh station at 6:50 on Tuesday evening. It will reach Amritsar in approximately five hours.
Chandigarh Station Superintendent Parveen Kumar said that not only has the train got a new name, it also has two new halts – one in Ludhiana and one in Jalandhar.
The train was fully booked on its inaugural journey and is expected to maintain its popularity. The train serves a long felt need of the public.
Passangers welcomed the decision of the railways to revive the train and introduce halts at Ludhiana and Jalandhar.
- Amritsar-Chandigarh Duronto Express chugs off
- Air Mantra connects Amritsar with Chandigarh
- Chandigarh-Mumbai Express flagged off
- Many flights cancelled and all flights delayed at Chandigarh Airport
- New train reaches Mumbai in about 25 hours
- 2011 Census of Chandigarh releases provisional figures
- HC suggests vehichle-free zones in Chandigarh
- Chandigarh IRCTC’s initiative for religious tourism
- Private colleges staff protest at MCM DAV, Chandigarh
- Chandigarh ignored in latest Rail Budget