The audience at the Roy Thompson Hall loved the authenticity and the universal subject so much that they gave a standing ovation. The film marks Sridevi’s comeback on the big screen after a gap of 15 years. Directed by debutante Gauri Shinde, wife of filmmaker R Balki, the film is a funny and touching story about an Indian woman, who struggles to learn the English to help provide for her family. “English Vinglish” will be dubbed into Telugu and will release simultaneously along with the Hindi and Tamil versions.
The film also features French actor Mehdi Nebbou, Adil Hussain, and Priya Anand. Megastar Amitabh Bachchan makes a guest appearance in the Hindi version of the film, while Ajith Kumar comes in for the same role in the Tamil version. “English Vinglish” is all set to hit the screens on October 5.
- Big B to do cameo in ‘English Vinglish’
- Sridevi goes the plain-Jane way in ‘English Vinglish’
- Sridevi’s new film to explore travails of not knowing English
- From Korea to Chandigarh only to learn English
- ‘Delhi Belly’ to be remade in Tamil
- Dhanush signs first Bollywood film
- Ranveer Singh to star in Hindi remake of ‘Magadheera’
- Three English tests added for Aus student visa applicants
- Indian girl crosses English Channel
- Yahoo Mail now available in eight Indian regional languages