In the Finance and Contracts Committee of the Municipal Corporation, it was learnt that barely 20 per cent of activities recommended in the action taken reports in the last tenure were actually implemented. This has a direct bearing on the development of Chandigarh.
On Monday evening Finance and Contracts Committee of the Municipal Corporation met to discuss action taken reports. The reports pertained to various resolutions passed in the General House of the MC between Januarys to December 2011. Committee member and BJP councilor Rajesh Gupta said that the committee learned that scarcely 20 per cent of the recommended actions have been carried out even after more than a year. He said that the committee is completely disillusioned with the staff of the various Municipal Corporation departments.
The Committee approved the proposal for the new and improved Night Food Street in Sector 14. It was decided to keep the menu vegetarian – or rather egge-tarian, since eggs have been included.
The committee also approved rough estimates of Sewage Water Drainage system at the phirni road in village Palsora.
- Mayor accuses officers of false reports
- Councillors discuss day-market in Mauli Jagran
- UT finally released MC’s quarterly grant of 91 crore rupees
- MC councillors demand action to end crime wave
- Chandigarh MC reluctant to enforce HC directions
- HC confirms Mohali MC status
- Chandigarh MC: SAD-BJP councillors resign
- BJP forms committee in forthcoming Chandigarh MC elections
- Delhi letter raps Chandigarh MC
- MC accepts Rose fest task in Chandigarh