Welcoming Dullo Ram into the party fold, HLP chief Maheshwar Singh said, “His presence will boost our chances in the coming assembly polls.” Efforts are being made to field potential candidates on all 68 assembly seats, he said. “The condition in poll-bound Himachal Pradesh was in HLP’s favour and no stone would be left unturned in the efforts to oust BJP from power,” he said.
Singh further said, “HLP has received an overwhelming response from people and emerged as a third front in the state and without our support no party would be in a position to form government.” On the occasion, Dullo Ram merged his outfit ‘Himachal Gaurav Manch’ with the HLP, floated by BJP rebels. “People are fed up with Congress and BJP, and they were looking for an alternative in the state,” Dullo Ram said.
- Himachal Lokhit Party, CPI(M) leaders hold meeting
- HP polls: Lokhit Party to contest all seats
- Himachal Lokhit Party for CBI probe into pulse scam
- Accusations against Lokhit Party chief Maheshwar Singh
- Close ranks: Rahul to party workers
- NCP to contest 25 to 40 assembly seats in Himachal
- Virbhadra can lead Cong to victory in Himachal: Ahmed
- Nadda, Jaju to meet party leaders after rift reports
- Himachal Congress calls off Aug 27 protest
- Satpal Singh Satti appointed Rajiv Bindal as party General Secretary