Former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and his aide Aruna Chaddha will be in jail for at least another 11 days with a Delhi court today extending their judicial custody in the Geetika Sharma suicide case.
Metropolitan Magistrate Deepak Dabas remanded Kanda and Chaddha, who were produced through video conferencing, to judicial custody till October 6 after the Delhi Police told the court that the investigation in the case is still on. They were not brought to the court from the Rohini Jail after expiry of their judicial custody today. “Accused (Kanda and Chaddha) produced through electronic video linkage (EVL). Heard. Accused be remanded in judicial custody till October 6,” the court said.
It, however, said that both the accused will be produced physically before the concerned court of the ACMM on the next date of hearing. The former minister was arrested on August 18 after he had surrendered before the police, 13 days after Geetika was found dead on August 5 in her Ashok Vihar house in North West Delhi. Chaddha, 40, was arrested by the police on August 8 after she was called for questioning for her alleged role in the case.
In her suicide note, 23-year-old Geetika, a former air hostess, had alleged that Kanda and Chaddha, an employee of MDLR, were harassing her to rejoin the former minister’s firm after she left the job. In her August 4 suicide note, Geetika had said that she was ending her life due to “harassment” by Kanda and Chaddha. Both of them have been accused of abetting Geetika’s suicide.
- Kanda sent to judicial custody till Sept 11 in Geetika case
- Court extends Aruna Chaddha’s judicial custody till Sept 11
- Geetika case: Court rejects cops’ plea for Aruna’s custody
- Geetika Sharma suicide case: Kanda moves bail plea
- Court extends JC of Kanda, Chaddha through video conference
- Geetika case: police plea for Aruna’s custody rejected again
- Kanda remanded to 3 more days police custody in Geetika case
- Geetika suicide case: Kanda moves Delhi HC for bail
- Geetika suicide case: Kanda remains elusive
- Geetika suicide case: Court dismisses Chaddha’s bail plea