A notice has also been served on shooter Abhinav Bindra for violation of the Punjab New Capital (Periphery) Control Act 1952.
GMADA served the notices through a national daily which mentioned the name of Abhinav Bindra and 14 other people. Abhinav has been issued a notice for constructing a warehouse along the Dera Bassi-Gulabgarh-Behra link road.
Estate Officer J.S. Tiwana said notices have been served on 15 persons who have been asked to furnish documents relevant to the construction activities they have undertaken. On the offense by Abhinav Bindra, Tiwana said, “Our Junior Engineer, during the area visit found a warehouse is being constructed at the periphery. We sent a written communication but no one replied. Other people did the same. So we had no option but to serve them with notices though a newspaper.”
Bindra was in the limelight in 2010 when GMADA issued him a showcase notice for failing to provide accurate information while filling a form for a one kanal plot in Aerocity. Thereafter, Bindra had withdrawn from the allotment while admitting his ineligibility in the reserved category for sportspersons. GMADA authorities rejected the application, terming it as “unacceptable”.
GMADA has also posted the list of unauthorized and authorized colonizers on their website. Officials said they would take strong action against unauthorized colonizers who were duping the public.
- P S Gill served three notices for model code violation
- Ex-councillor seeks details on GMADA stadiums
- Lukewarm response to GMADA flats
- Balbir says GMADA tampering with Mohali master plan
- GMADA acts tough with coloniser in Dera Bassi
- GMADA razed 77 shops, houses in lambia village
- Factory Fire: Challan issued against owners
- 42 marriage palaces face closure in Mohali
- Liquor served at a party of Sec-71 Paragon School Mohali
- Saketri residents fight back