Additional Sessions Judge Kamini Lau, who is trying the father in the case, has ordered the government to give the money to the victim’s mother for her rehabilitation under the supervision of a welfare officer.
ASJ Lau gave the order expressing shock and observing that despite “the pathetic state of the victim”, the state, so far, has not come forward to help her. The court directed the state’s home department principal secretary to grant an interim compensation of Rs one lakh to the victim, allegedly raped by her father in May this year in their rented accommodation when her mother had gone outside. The girl was allegedly saved from her father by the landlord who broke open the door after hearing her screams and later called the police. “Rape of a child not only affects her but such an incident also has a devastating impact on the rest of the family who equally suffer in silence particularly when the accused is none else but the father, as has happened in the present case. “It is cases like these which the Ministry of Women and Child Development needs to target for restorative justice so that the professional psychological counselling, shelter and other support is provided to the child victim,” the court said.
- Man gets 7 yr jail for kidnapping minor to kill
- Two minor girls raped
- Father killed 3-yr-old daughter in Panchkula
- Father kills son in Moga
- N.D. Tiwari is biological father of 32-yr-old Rohit Shekhar
- Father-son get life imprisonment for murder
- Man jailed for 7 yrs for kidnapping and raping minor
- Youth gets seven years in jail for raping minor
- ‘Missing girl’s’ father sent to one month in jail
- Girl raped by ‘friends’ from school, victim taken to Rishikesh