With a view to increasing the fleet strength of Haryana Roadways buses to 4,150 during the current financial year, the state government today decided to adopt such a system which would facilitate quick filling up of posts of drivers.
Haryana Cabinet, which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, approved the proposal of the Transport Department to take the posts of drivers outside the purview of Haryana Staff Selection Commission and fill these departmentally.
The Cabinet also approved the proposal of the Public Works (Building and Roads) Department to close departmental collection of toll at two points that is Deodhar-Nainawali section of Buria Khadri Deodhar Nainawali road and Chandimandir Jallah road.
- Haryana roadways adds 10 more Volvo buses
- Haryana roadways employees stage protest
- Truck drivers block Zirakpur-kalka highway
- CTU drivers on strike in Chandigarh
- Drivers opened ‘dhaba’ in buses in Srinagar
- Free travel facility for women by Haryana roadways on Rakhi
- Haryana govt approves extension of Delhi Metro to Bahadurgarh
- Maxi cab drivers beat up bus driver in Panchkula
- New guidelines issued for school buses
- STA set up nakas to check school buses