As part of its transformation to provide customer friendly and modern services to the people, the department of posts in Kashmir valley today launched ‘Night post office services’ (NPOS). The new service was inaugurated by Union Minister for New and Renewable Energy Farooq Abdullah in General Post Office.
Lauding the role of Chief Postmaster General, J&K Circle, John Samuel for taking many innovative initiatives aimed at improving the postal services in the state, Abdullah said the postal services in Jammu and Kashmir has gone for a major transformation recently. The post offices have proved its utility in the era of competition and ‘Night Post Office’ facility at Srinagar GPO will go a long way to benefit the people of Kashmir, Abdullah said. Referring to the new service, Samuel said the customers can book their Speed Post and Registered Post consignments up to 8 pm and this will provide convenience to them.
He said that the business hours of Srinagar GPO have been extended up to 8 pm on week days from September 1 and it will also function on all Sundays and Holidays from 10 am to 6 pm. The post office has also started several provisions, including ‘Post Shop’ and ‘Saffron Post’ services in a customer friendly manner.
- Postal dept to provide savings, insurance facilities in Ladakh
- ‘Floating’ post office to come up on Dal Lake
- Vaishnodevi basecamp to have Tourist Post Office
- Postal ATMs in JK soon
- Post offices,branches of J-K bank declared smoking free in J-K
- Amarnath yatra: Baltal, Nunwan to have yatri post offices
- New Service Tax regime to make speed post, holidaying costlier
- Amarnath pilgrims can get registered through post offices
- Postal Dept to pay Rs 1.5L for delayed delivery of admit card
- Postal Dept should target 20 pc growth rate: Sibal