The gradual erosion of Kashmir’s constitutionally guaranteed special status was the focus of a lecture delivered at the ICSSR Centre of Panjab University on Tuesday.
The gradual erosion of Kashmir’s constitutionally guaranteed special status was the focus of a lecture delivered at the ICSSR Centre of Panjab University on Tuesday. Professor Noor Ahmad Baba, Professor of Political Science at Kashmir University, explained the provisions of Article 370 of the Indian Constitution. This Article gives Kashmir a high degree of autonomy compared to that of other States of the Indian Union.
Professor Noor Ahmed shed light on the history of the state’s relationship with the Union Government and outlined the issues of political, social and economic empowerment underlying the current debate within the State.
A lively question and answer session followed the lecture which was organized by the ICSSR North-Western Regional Centre.
- 4 held for shooting PU Chandigarh student leader
- PU faculty voted for Senate representatives
- SOPU, PUSU major rivals on PU Chandigarh
- PU polls are keenly watched by AICC Gen Secy
- PUSU finds ‘something fishy’ in election
- Student parties introducing themselves via help desks in PU
- SOPU leader shot at Mohali in front of his house
- Dhumal released the souvenir of the Indian Media Centre
- Panjab University Syndicate elections are set for December 21
- Security beefed up on PU campus