Panchkula is set to become a much cleaner place. With the Department of Town Planning gearing up to set up garbage collection centers, residents can expect more systematic sanitation system.
With the District Town Planning Department identifying sites for garbage collection centers, Panchkula residents can look forward to a much cleaner city. The Engineering wing of the Municipal Corporation has been entrusted the responsibility of chalking out the design for the centers. Tenders will be issued as soon as the designs are Okayed. Possible sites are sectors 2, 4, 6, 12 or 12 A, industrial area phase one and two and Rajiv Colony.
As of now, there is no garbage collection centre in Panchkula but the proposal for the same has been under consideration since 2008.
- Garbage collectors protest in Chandigarh
- MC to launch garbage collection project in Chandigarh
- Samgauli chosen for garbage treatment plant
- Fire brigade responsible for peripheral areas
- Sweepers oppose Chandigarh MC’s contract system
- Present dump located near Ph 3B2 market
- To open Hamara Adhikaar centers in every ward
- Govt plans to clamp down on social networking sites
- Residential area, school next to garbage dump
- Fire in Panchkula Sec-11 market