Mercedes- Benz India unveiled its B class car at Panchkula today during Star-drive, an event to give an opportunity to potential customers to feel, view and drive various models of Mercedes cars. Company officials said the company was also planning to introduce the cars for common people, looking for luxury by owning the world class brand at an affordable price.
Large number of car lovers reached Panchkula’s Sector 5 ground to participate in a “Star-drive”, an annual event of conducted by Mercedes Benz India. Professional’s drivers showcased safety features and performance of the car on tough terrain. The vehicles were driven on specially designed structures to demonstrate their power and performance.
After the demonstration, people in the audience were invited to drive the cars themselves. Those participating were also rated for their driving skills. The best driver gets a chance to participate in the final Star-drive at Mumbai with Farhan Akhtar.
Mercedes Benz also unveiled its new B Class model. This car is likely to be formally launched in the Indian market next month. The launch will mark Mercedes’ entry into the premium segment below 25 lakhs. Manas Dewan, General Manager, Strategic Planning and Communication said that more cars in the segment would be launched soon.
Deepak Joshi, CMD, Joshi AutoZone, a prominent dealer of the Mercedes Benz in the region, said that Mercedes had big market in the region. The company also showcased all the models, from E class to SUVs, of Mercedes Benz in the event.
- Porsche and Mercedes Benz stolen from Sec-7 house
- Mercedes eyes to regain No 1 rank in India, BMW not giving up
- Luxury cars riding high
- 21 days sanitation drive launched in Mohali
- 2 held for Panchkula girl’s murder
- Two held for vehicle lifting in Panchkula
- Seminar held to mark World Vitiligo Day in Panchkula
- Cigarettes worth 6 lakh stolen in Panchkula
- Dental Stem Cell bank coming up in Panchkula and Chandigarh
- DCP Panchkula imposed Section 144 to stop practice