Nominated councilors of the Municipal Corporation have refuted the allegation that all the nominated councillors automatically voted with the Congress to cancel the Mauli Jagran day market project.
Nominated councilors of the Municipal Corporation have refuted the allegation that all the nominated councilors automatically voted with the Congress to cancel the Mauli Jagran day market project. This charge was made by BJP councilors. Nominated councilor M.P. Kohli said that he and the other nominated councilors were completely independent and did not follow the line of any political party. He claimed that in the past, nominated councilor had passed resolutions put forward by BJP if these were found worthy of support.
D S Sandhu also a nominated councillor said that he voted against the day market after a careful study of the project and not to please the Congress.
Sandhu observed that Mauli Jagran residents had told him that more than 500 vendors wanted space in the day market while the present project could accommodate only to 136 traders. The day market project may be officially cancelled but it is not going away.
- Booth market issue raising many hackles
- MC councillors demand action to end crime wave
- Councillors discuss day-market in Mauli Jagran
- Petty traders held protest against day market decision
- Two nominated councillors get tickets to contest MC elections
- BSP unhappy with nominated councillors’ list
- MC Chandigarh councilors meet visiting Parliamentarians
- Not a single agenda was passed in Chandigarh MC meet
- Chandigarh Administrator nominates 9 councillors
- Chandigarh Authorities declared list of nominated councillors