The NSUI’s victory in the Delhi University Students Union polls has come as a pleasant surprise for the Congress, with AICC underlining that it has come despite all kind of adverse publicity going on against the government and the party.
The glee in the Congress over the victory was visible when the NSUI winners went to meet Sonia Gandhi at 10 Janpath, the official residence of the party chief. While joyous celebrations broke out outside 10 Janpath with NSUI activists coming in droves, a smiling Gandhi held the hands of the winners, who went to meet her inside and posed for photographs. Rahul Gandhi, who is the AICC general secretary in-charge for NSUI and Youth Congress was also present along with Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit.
Congratulating winners from NSUI, Congress spokesperson P C Chacko said they emerged victorious in the elections despite all kind of adverse publicity going on against the government and the Prime Minister, and the Opposition levelling “wild allegations”. “The party recognises with gratitude the leadership given by Rahul Gandhi in this election,” Chacko told reporters at the AICC briefing.
- DUSU polls: Dikshit congratulates victorious NSUI candidates
- NSUI’s membership drive to end on October 10
- NSUI: Hold students bodies election in Punjab
- NSUI stages demonstration for fellow student
- Virbhadra can lead Cong to victory in Himachal: Ahmed
- NSUI held polls for state chief at Sec-35 Chandigarh
- Youth Congress convention here next week at Rahul’s behest
- Print, news agencies barred from covering Rahul’s visit
- Congress set up panel to sort out Punjab Cong mess
- BJP appears to head for victory in Delhi civic polls