Petty traders gathered at the site of the Mauli Jagran day market to protest the MC House decision to cancel the project.
On Saturday petty traders gathered at the site of the Mauli Jagran day market to protest the MC House decision to cancel the project. They raised slogans against the present regime of the MC, as well as local MP and Union Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal. Numerous speakers addressed the crowd – all with the same message, namely the Congress party is anti-poor.
Significantly women turned out in strength to add their voices to the protest. Protesters vowed that they would agitate until the MC decision is overturned. They plan to meet the UT Advisor to explain why the MC decision is wrong. If they get no sympathy from the Administration then they say that they will resort to a rasta roko for an indefinite period. They condemned the stand taken by the local Congress party and predicted that the decision to cancel the day market will cost the Congress dearly in the next election. The traders are in no mood to back down.
- Street vendors protest stalling of booth market
- Councillors discuss day-market in Mauli Jagran
- INC held protest against increased power rates in Mohali
- Traders down shutters in Sec 22
- Booth market issue raising many hackles
- PUTA to protest ‘AD Hocism’
- PU students protest on campus
- BJP-HJC workers urge traders to down shutters in Panchkula
- Five more federations join CHB protest
- Haryana roadways employees stage protest