Panjab University Student Council poll winner SOPU went around campus distributing laddoos and the losers met the DSW to demand — unsuccessfully — a recount.
On Tuesday, after clean sweep in the elections to the Panjab University campus Student Council, members of the Students Organization of Panjab University (SOPU) fanned out to all departments to distribute laddoos. Satinder Singh Satti, the newly elected president, said that his party wants to thank the voters.
The Panjab University Students’ Union has asked for a recount of the vice-presidential candidate’s vote and the number of invalid votes. According to PUSU party members, some malpractices crept into this year’s election. On PUSU parties’ statement, Manoj Lubana, SOPU president said that the election was conducted strictly according to rules.
SOPU says that PUSU is trying to cast suspicion on the election simply because SOPU won and PUSU lost.
The Dean of Student Welfare met representatives of PUSU and heard their allegations but rejected the request for a recount. The PUSU executive will meet to consider its further course of action..
- SOPU, PUSU major rivals on PU Chandigarh
- Campaigning for PU election in full swing
- One day to go before student council polls
- Student parties set up help desks for freshers in PU
- Student election’ result declared after peaceful polling
- SOPU leader shot at Mohali in front of his house
- PU student senate elections are due in September
- Student parties introducing themselves via help desks in PU
- Polling for PU Student Council’ll take place on Sept-7
- Girls ornamental at best in PU student politics