The London Olympics bronze-medallist shuttler had a three-year contract with Deccan Chargers which expired early this month.
“I am very happy to be associated with Rhiti Sports and look forward to start a working relationship with them. With Rhiti’s background and credibility, they know how to balance things and that is a big plus point,” said Saina, who signed a three-year contract with Rhiti Sports.
“The strides Rhiti has taken in the Sports industry in recent times made it an easy choice for me. I would like to also thank, Mr Vinod Dhawan, Vice President Badminton Association of India, who played a key role in helping form this association,” she added.
Rhiti Sports will now manage Saina’s endorsements and brand associations, corporate profile, patents and digital rights, images and all other commercial rights exclusively.
Saina’s recent success on the badminton courts have now made her a much sought after star as her popularity and brand value has increased significantly over the past year and this association will surely further enhance her brand value in the years to come.
Arun Pandey, Chairman and Managing Director of Rhiti Sports, said: “We are delighted to have Saina on board, who has brought great pride to the nation with her exploits. We are proud to be associated with someone who is not only a youth icon for women in the country but has also done a lot for Badminton as a sport.
“She has placed India on the World Map for Badminton and changed the outlook of people in India towards the sport. We will use all our knowledge and expertise, and make this partnership a very fruitful one indeed,” he added.
Saina joins a high-profile list of celebrities handled by Rhiti Sports, which includes Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhonis.
- I am proud of myself, says Saina Nehwal
- Sachin Tendulkar gifts BMW car to shuttler Saina
- Saina pulls out of Syed Modi International GP
- Saina to give Rs 2 lakh to Girisha
- Saina to miss China Open: Gopichand
- PM, Sonia Gandhi congratulate Saina for bronze at Olympics
- I can be next Saina: Sindhu
- Resolute Saina clinches 3rd straight Indonesia Open trophy
- Beijing loss still rankles Olympic bronze medallist Saina
- Sports Ministry releases Rs 55.22 crore for Oly preparation