Girisha, who has an impairment in his left leg, won the medal in the men’s high jump F42 event after clearing 1.74 metres on Monday.Besides Saina, who has bagged a bronze in the London Olympics last month, the Karnataka government has announced a cash award of Rs 20 lakh to the athlete.
Sports Minister Ajay Maken yesterday announced that Girisha will be offered a job with the Sports Authority of India.”Paralympic silver medalist Nagaraj to be offered a job of coach in Sports Authority of India at an officer level!,” Maken had said on his Twitter feed.
The announcement came a day after Maken said the ministry would award the 24-year-old high jumper with Rs 30 lakh.
- Can’t promise medal, but will give our best shot: Sania
- Ministry offers coaching jobs to Olympians current and former
- SAI to offer officer’s grade jobs to all Olympians
- Give home loan up to Rs 25 lakh in priority sector:RBI to UCBs
- DDCA to give Rs 25 lakh to Virender Sehwag
- Kalmadi not a member of IOA delegation: IOA
- Maken sanctions ex-gratia assistance to former cricket coach
- Audi launches sports car TT in India at Rs 48.36 lakh
- Kalmadi should have resigned from IOA presidency
- MP govt announces Rs one lakh award to each hockey player