A teenage girl jumped from the fifth floor of the Government Medical College and Hospital in Sector 32. The girl is said to be mentally unstable.
At around 8:30 in the morning, sanitation worker Raghu Nath who was on duty near the GMCH 32 canteen in the B Block heard a thud. He went over to find a girl dangling precariously from the fifth floor. He rushed to call security guards, but the girl jumped.
When the police arrived at the spot, they found a note mentioning an address and a phone number. A call to the phone number on the note revealed that the girl was a resident of Sector 46. Her family members said the girl had been missing from the previous night and they had been looking for her. She is said to have been mentally unstable.
For now, the victim is not in a position to make a statement. Further investigations are on.
- Class X girl jumped before a train on Saturday
- Suicide bid at Sukhna Lake Chandigarh
- Mob molests girl in Sec-26 Chandigarh
- Chandigarh GMCH-32 nurses launch agitation
- Nurses at GMCH-32 of Chandigarh defer protest leave
- Chandigarh: 3 girls, 1 boy found unconscious in Leisure Valley
- Unidentified throws acid at boy in Chandigarh
- Nari Niketan Rape: Justice done
- Panchkula PCR phones found dead
- Girl found in unconscious state at Sec-21 park Chandigarh