Sagar Saxena, Pravin Kumar and Virender Sharma were nabbed from Vasant Vihar on a complaint filed in Bihar’s Muzaffarpur district.During interrogation, they confessed that they in the connivance with a person, Manish, residing in West Bengal created a fake website that resembled the website of Railway Recruitment Board, Muzaffarpur, and uploaded roll numbers.
Later, they contacted these candidates pretending to be Railways officials and collected money from them to help them get jobs.Manish, who is yet to be arrested, collected money from these candidates and the booty was shared by them.
“This racket operates at inter-state level and around 400 aspirants from Bihar, Bengal and Haryana have been cheated so far. An amount of Rs 1 lakh to Rs 1.5 lakh was charged from each candidate for Group C and D jobs in Indian Railways,” a senior police official said.
- 4 held for running sex racket
- Ex-teacher held for running’call girl-drugs’racket
- 4 of inter-state gang of cheats held
- Two arrested for running cricket betting racket
- Hotel owner among four arrested for running sex racket
- Three arrested for running fake vehicle registrations racket
- Railway traffic held up in Bathinda
- Executive lounges, escalators at major railway stations soon
- Immigration racket busted in Amritsar ; 9 persons held
- Vijaya Kanth appointed new Railway Financial Commissioner