Well-known comedian and film director Jaspal Bhatti died in a road accident at Shahkot near here late last night. Bhatti was returning from Bathinda and crashed, where he had gone for the promotion of his film ‘Power Cut’. His film is scheduled for release tomorrow.
Bhatti was in a car which his son was driving when it hit a tree and crashed. Bhatti was taken to a private hospital in Jalandhar where he was declared brought dead on arrival by the doctor. Bhatti’s son and his agent and the heroine of the film have suffered serious injuries and have been admitted in a hospital in Ludhiana. The condition of his agent is stated to be critical.
A pall of gloom has descended the artistic community in Punjab and Bhatti’s friends and well-wishers’ has started gathering at his sec 19 residence in Chandigarh.
Cremation of Jaspal Bhatti will be held at cremation ground, Sec 25, Chandigarh at 5 PM today.
- Condolences pour in for Jaspal Bhatti
- Jaspal Bhatti apologised for “Corruption Temple”
- Didar Singh Bhatti likely to join PPP
- Didar Singh Bhatti expelled from PPP
- Sirhind MLA Didar Singh Bhatti joins PPP
- Audi hits three-wheeler, two dead and five injured
- Sukhbir Badal dismisses Mohinder Hussainpur, Gurwinder Bhatti and others from party
- Music doyen Bhupen Hazarika dead
- Friends can’t believe he’s gone
- `Nothing wrong in Agent Vinod, it’s upto Pak govt to decide’