It was suppose to be a hunting expedition. But of the four men who entered the jungle beyond Pinjore on October 6, only three returned. Now the question is: murder or accident?
It was suppose to be a hunting expedition. But of the four men who entered the jungle beyond Pinjore on October 6, only three returned. Police recovered the body of Gyanchand who died of a bullet injury. Investigation is on to determine whether the man was murdered or was killed accidentally.
According to the three men, Gyan Chand was killed when a gun misfired…Baldev Singh, Kishori are now in Police custody and search is on for Sohan Singh.
Naveen Sandhu, SHO Pinjore, (We have taken two of the men involved in the incident into custody).
The incident brings to light the continuing practice of hunting despite the all-India ban on it. The forested Shivalik Hills are home to sambhar and cheetal, nilgai, wild pig, rabbit, leopard, maccaques and langoors. The Forest Guards cannot be everywhere at once.
- Pinjore to Parwanoo bypass is almost complete
- Pinjore mango fest displays unique varieties
- Body of 21-yr-old Manav Garg found at Sec-48, Chandigarh
- Infant’s half-burnt body found in jungle
- Body of gangster found near ISBT Sect-43 Chandigarh
- Body found in Village Kandala on Thursday
- Body found at Sector 16 bus stop Chandigarh
- Body found in woods of Morni could be honour killing
- Body of Chandigarh based cardiologist was found in Dera Bassi
- Manimajra Police receive info on body found in woods