According to the new orders, the Punjab government has increased the honorarium of the house surgeons from Rs 4,500 to Rs 21,000 per month whereas the scholarship for the medical internship students has been increased from Rs 1,500 to Rs 9,000 per month. Medical and Research Education Minister Chunni Lal Bhagat said that the hike in honorarium of house surgeons would be effective from October 8 and increase in the scholarship of the medical intern students would be effective November 1.
The minister said the state government has also decided in-principle to further increase the honorarium of house surgeons from Rs 21,000 to Rs 30,000, but this increase would be effective from April 1 next year.
- Punjab hikes pensions, medical assistance of freedom fighters
- Hooda announce bonanza for safai karamcharis and chowkidars
- Punjab Govt to organise two-day medical camp
- Punjab rural medical officers unpaid for 6 months
- Retirement age of teaches in Punjab govt medical colleges raised
- Punjab hikes honorarium of Municipal presidents, councillors
- Pak doctors take part in mega medical camp in Punjab village
- ESI medical facility extended to pvt sector in Punjab
- Diwali bonanza for Punjab employees
- New law for regulating medical devices, technologies