Earlier this week the Chandigarh Municipal Corporation Sanitation Committee met and finalized plans to cope with the outpouring of rubbish that marks every year?s festival season. Deputy mayor and sanitation committee member Satish Kainth said that the committee also approved purchase of new equipment and repairs of 89 vehicles under the Public Health Department.
BJP councilor Rajesh Gupta who is also a member of the Sanitation Committee said that the Sanitation Committee is also concerned with the prevention of malaria and dengue. He wants the Administration?s Malaria Department placed under the Municipal Corporation for the sake of improved efficiency.
The festival season has already started but the Sanitation Committee has only now set down a detailed plan. Could this be too little too late?
- Sanitation issues abound in Chandigarh
- 21 days sanitation drive launched in Mohali
- BJP forms committee in forthcoming Chandigarh MC elections
- BJP slum committee gets a whiff of slum in Chandigarh
- Number of malaria victims is up in Chandigarh
- ROSE FEST: Big outlay but no income
- Chandigarh MC water supply committee to hold meeting
- MC accepts Rose fest task in Chandigarh
- MC Chandigarh to get odour-neutraliser for garbage plant
- Mohali DC forms committee to prevent flooding