On Monday night a youth abducted a 10-year-old girl who was bathing behind the family home in Chandigarh’s Colony 4. The assailant dragged her to a nearby patch of jungle, raped her and fled. Her parents found her weeping and dazed however she was sufficiently in possession of her senses to say that she had seen the boy roaming in the colony and would be able to identify him if she saw him again. Police have registered a case under Section 376-A and are searching for the culprit.
Investigating Officer Dharmvir Singh said that the victim was a student of Class V and the daughter of a labourer. He said that the victim had been medically examined and rape was confirmed.
The little girl is still in the hospital and you don’t have to be a doctor to see how badly she has been shaken by the assault that she has suffered. The police can bring the rapist to book that serves the cause of justice. But in addition to justice, it is clear that this child now needs counseling and compassion to bring her back into the folds of normal society. Who will come forward to provide this?
- 5-yr-old girl raped by 2 men in Ind Area-1 Chandigarh
- 3 men assaulted college girl returning home
- 3-yr-old child electrocuted in Sec-25 Chandigarh
- Cops recover kidnapped child
- Chandigarh prepares list of sensitive poll stations
- Cops on HC mat for child torture
- 13-yr-old accuses stepfather of assault in Chandigarh
- Class X girl jumped before a train on Saturday
- Home secretary clarifies, Admin responsive to PCA
- Rape case: Mohali Police helped culprit ?