“If somebody commits a mistake, the people forgive him but can the people forgive those who cheat?” Modi said at a rally organised by Dholera BJP unit to felicitate him on the state’s decision to create new taluka of Dholera. “Congress is known for cheating the people. Congress promised free power to the farmers of Maharashtra but after four years in power, nothing of that sort has happened,” Modi said.
“They in 2009 promised to bring down prices in 100 days but prices have only gone up. Is this not cheating?”"Congress cheats their own workers as well. The party told their workers that there will be early elections (in Gujarat) but that did not happen. After that they said they will come out with the list of candidates by May 1 and that was later extended to August 15, but still the list has not come out,” Modi said.
Modi also criticised Gujarat Congress’s poll promise to give land to the poor and middle-class rural women and cheap houses to urban poor and middle-class women.”They are distributing papers (forms for registration for house and plot schemes), but my government believes in concrete work,” Modi said.
- UPA has disappointed people, Cong ship “sinking”: Modi
- Narendra Modi slams Congress for ‘mismanaging’ the country
- Is Guj CM ready for SIT probe into graft charges? Cong to Modi
- Rahul an international leader, can contest in Italy too: Modi
- Nothing can prevent Modi’s hat-trick in Gujarat: Thackeray
- Modi criticises PM on malnutrition issue
- Modi levelling ‘wild allegations’ to divert attention: Cong
- Modi begins one-day fast at Dwarka
- Modi’s fast at Bodeli on November 18
- I am ‘Nirvikar’: Modi on his being in race for Prime Minister