“Honest ministers were demoted and punished (in Cabinet reshuffle) while those who matter in elections are allotted berths in the Manmohan Singh Cabinet,” he said in the valedictory address at Global Investors Summit. Advani said he was disappointed with “spate of scams tumbling out of the Centre’s closet”. “Aaj jitna nirash hota hun, utna pahle nahi tha…ek ke baad ek scam ho rahein hain (I am feeling much disappointed today than ever before…One scam after another is coming to the light. Today’s scams have surpassed the magnitude of Bofors scam,” he said.
Advani said Rajiv Gandhi government was embroiled in Bofors scam even though it had won 1984 elections with unprecedented majority. “However, the government lost due to Bofors scam in the next elections,” he said. Lauding Madhya Pradesh government for upholding “transparency and good governance”, Advani said the BJP-ruled states are best in terms of governance and progress because they are ruled by “honest” leaders. “While Delhi style of governance deters investors, Bhopal style of governance is attracting investors,” he added.
- Advani asks if Raja is sole ‘villain’, blames Sonia for mess
- Advani meets Jaya on Prez poll; decide to coordinate
- People will not pardon UPA for its ‘massive corruption’:Advani
- Advani launches fresh attack on UPA Govt on CVC controversy
- Govt protecting ‘corrupt’ ministers: Advani
- Advani to visit Golden Temple
- UPA Government built no consensus for Prez poll: Advani
- Advani lauds EC for scrapping Jharkhand RS poll
- Not in race for PM post: Advani
- Advani to meet HP CM amid speculations of cabinet reshuffle