Chitkara College in Banur has been closed till October 14 after the mysterious death of a college student and the uproar that followed.
The death of Rohan, a student of Chitkara College of Engineering and Technology, Banur has led to deep resentment among students. Rohan died under mysterious circumstances early Tuesday morning. College students went on rampage after Rohan died during treatment at Gyan Sagar Hospital. They damaged college property and vandalized vehicles parked on campus. College authorities condoled Rohan’s death and assured a thorough inquiry into the matter.
R S Gill, Member of College Management ( He talked about that college authorities are waiting for postmortem report)
Police have registered a case but cannot say anything conclusively till the release of the postmortem report.
Bhupinder Khattra, SP Rajpura (He talked that students protested after the death of the student and later on police controlled the situation)
For now, there are no leads. What the police have on their hands is a mysterious death and enraged students.
- Violence after death of student at Chitkara College in Banur
- College students take out rally for environment in Chandigarh
- School, college students write letter to God
- CCET students on strike from Monday
- Students stage protest against eve-teasing in Chandigarh
- Green focus for Chitkara fest
- Student leader hurt in campus violence in DAV Chandigarh
- 2 students seriously injured in poll clash in Chandigarh
- Students pray for Yuvraj Singh’s well being
- 2 students of UIET formulate a parking plan