Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today presented B R Ambedkar Rattan awards to eminent personalities and institutions for their pioneering work in socio-economic development of Scheduled Castes in the city.
The award, instituted by the Department of SC/ST Welfare in 1999-2000, carries an amount of Rs one lakh, a citation and a shawl. Dikshit presented the award for the periods of 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11 and 2011-12 at a function held at Delhi Vidhan Sabha. The award for 2005-06 was jointly given to Bhagwan Das (posthumous) and Dalit Samaj Sewa Ekta Manch. For the year 2006-07, the award was given to Hotilal Pipal, while for the period of 2007-08, the award was conferred on Jai Bhagwan Jatav, a official statement said.
Sant Krishan Saha Vidyarthi was given the award for 2009-10 and for 2011-12, it was given to Mata Din, the statement said. Award for the year 2008-09 was presented to the Chairman of Delhi Safai Commission Harnam Singh, who announced donation of award money to Balmiki Mandir Trust for purchase of computers. The Award for 2010-11 was jointly given to Jas Ram Harnotia and Adarsh Balai Samaj Sangathan. A six-member committee headed by Vidhan Sabha Speaker selects the awardees.
- 21 doctors, 47 paramedical personnel in Delhi get state awards
- Baba Harbans Singh given Panth Rattan posthumously
- Salim Khan ‘awards’ Shoojit Sircar for Vicky Donor
- 88 per cent of Delhi vote value to go to Pranab in Prez poll
- Imran, Deepika bag worst actor Golden Kela awards
- Pattinson, Stewart win best kiss for fourth time at MTV awards
- Delhi Metro wins award for Best Clean Development Project
- ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’ bags 7 Filmfare awards
- Vidya Balan wins best actress award at National awards
- HP gets five National Awards